Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankgiving in Chicago

This Thanksgiving Ivan, Allison, and I traveled to Chicago to spend the holiday with the Rousonelos family. I flew out with Allison on Saturday - so stressful traveling by yourself with a one year old, but thank goodness for Delta, they saved the seat next to me, so Allison had some space to play and the 3 hour flight went well. Before the holiday, Kailey and I went to see a movie "Twilight" and had fun being sisters. Then Allison and I went to Aunt Ginny and Uncle Mark's for dinner (my mom's sister), we had lots of fun and of course Allison had ANOTHER birthdy, but unfortunately I forgot my camera to document it.
Ivan arrived on Wednesday morning, just in time for the holiday preparations.

Thanksgiving
Dad mashing potatoes with a special potato ricer - interesting product - the potatoes turned out so yummy, but that might have been the sour cream, cream cheese and butter.Ivan helped make the cobb salad by shreading the rotissery chicken, getting his hand full of guck.
I fell down on the job for taking pictures of Thanksgiving, I didn't get any of the Rousonelos spread - and what a spread it was. I ate so much, I really thought it was going to pop! All of the greek hors de'overes, turkey, and holiday yummys. Then there was an entire buffett of desserts - yum!
Here are the two pregos - I am 22 wks and Eleni is 20 wks.

Her LAST 1st birthday party!
Ivan and Kailey gave Allison a bath before Allison's birthday party.
Why do kids drink bath water - ICK!!!
Why is there a fire on my cupcake?
Yummy pumpkin cupcakes - Thank you Tracey! This is what a cupcake is all about!!!
Lots of presents.... Allison is getting good at opening the wrapping and she loves to tear the paper
Of course, then she wants to play with the presents. If you try to take the toy away so she can open the next one, she gets mad. I guess the days of open a present and toss it aside for the next one will be coming soon.

She loved the big book and all of the presents. Thank you to Papou, Yiayia (Tracey), Aunt Kailey, Yiayia Nola, Great Uncle Stan, and his girlfriend Sophia.
We made it out of Chicago just in time. Our return flight was at 7:30am on Sunday morning - not so exciting, but when we arrived home we found out that we just missed the snow and ice in Chicago and avoided the delays. Thank goodness!!!
Allison enjoyed riding around in Ivan's suitcase, she didn't want to get out! I'm just amazed his suitcase got unpacked the day we got home, another reason to fly home early.

We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for the love, support, and health of our family and friends!

No comments: