Monday, October 20, 2008

Mom's Visit

My mom came to Salt Lake for a visit this past weekend. We had so much fun on our girl weekend. Allison took right to my Mom instantly.
We went to temple square on Friday and enjoyed the most perfect weather, being outside, and the beautiful grounds. We went to the Joseph Smith movie and walked around the tabernacle. Afterward, we enjoyed sushi at Tasashi - the BEST sushi I have EVER HAD and the highest priced - but worth it -- Thanks MOM!
Hiking Time...
On Saturday, we went on a hike. It was the same hike that we went in August, but the trees were yellow, so the sights were very different and gorgeous!
Allison had a fun time riding on Daddy's back, until...
she fell asleep. She missed the pretty lake and our picnic lunch.
We found the perfect camping area, a fire pit and flat rocks already set around to sit on, and of course the beautiful view. MAYBE, there will be another warm weekend before the winter hits for a camp out!
My mom found a snow patch and wanted a picture. As Ivan said, where there is snow.... there are snow balls... and my mom got pelted with one, right before the picture was taken.

3 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

Look like a fun weekend. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your mom. We missed you at the Bori Halloween shin dig

Blogful said...

so beautiful

The Bori Family said...

I'm so happy you got to spend so much quality time with your mom! I bet you miss her! We need to do some fun stuff together! It's not like we live 2 minutes away, you know! ;o) I'm looking forward to Lori's party thing at your place. Call me so we can work out the details.